Thursday, March 6, 2014

I don't really want to visit the wizard, honestly...

Our school hosts a play every year. Auditions are held. Positions are given.

Now let me tell you: I am a center stage kind of actress. I do not like to hang around behind the scenes -- or to the side of the scene. No, I like to speak loudly, to use my voice. To play a part.

Not be a flying monkey-munchkin-winkie.

And that's exactly what I am. It's not like I failed the auditions or anything, I just didn't show up to them. So they assigned me a background part. Not a word will escape my lips, except for the group songs. And I do not want to be a part of a group. I want to be a star.

So you can probably see my dilemma. I hate my parts, and practice is long and slow. I have to silently revel in my jealousy of Dorothy and the Lion and the witches. I know it's my fault for not showing up to the audition, but nonetheless, I can hardly stand it. The thing is, I tried to quit. Twice. But each time, I got too nervous. I would say "nothing," or "nevermind," and sadly go back to my seat.

I have five friends in drama,  and whenever I tell them that I want to quit, they beg me to stay. And our mother wants me to stay in, too, since one of the shows is on her birthday, and she wants to see it then. It makes me feel terrible for wanting to quit.

What do I do?!

-Flying monkey-munchkin-weenie
 Don't scribble out the weenie you weenie. Love ya sister!!! *kisses*~Ronan
-Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment