Sunday, June 22, 2014

I have an obsession.

I don't really tell people about my infatuation of mermaids very often, since I am afraid of them thinking I'm silly. Because the gorgeous marine creatures are often associated with little girls. But I still think about them quite a lot, and I like to tell myself that I am a mermaid, because I love to swim and swim until my leg cramps up, and then I like to swim some more. The ocean intrigues and excites me. And when I was born, our grandpa said that I would be a great swimmer, what with my big feet. 

So, naturally, I tried to make my own tails in the past. The first had the wrong blend of fabric. I accepted that one as trash. Then I made the next one. Perfect fabric blend. But the beautiful, shiny blue coating turns gray after exposure to the water and I'm so mad! I spent $10 per yard and for what? I have placed my faith in professionally made tails and their wonderful fabric I'd way better than anything I could have gotten my hands on, and knowing that makes me happy again.

Anyways, I'm going to dye my hair blue and make a mermaid ask blog on tumblr.

~Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment